Spring baseball season opens for Tomball Kings high school and junior high players on Monday, January 15, 2024. Other age divisions begin soon thereafter. Let us share some spring news with you.
Spring season 2024 guide
If you plan to play baseball with us this spring, please read our Spring season 2024 guide. It contains calendar notes, practice schedules, projected costs for the season, and other useful information. You can navigate from there, or here, to our tryout information guide.
As set forth more fully in the tryout information guide, this is our tryout schedule:
|Tryout dates for Spring 2024 season
|Monday, December 4 to Friday, December 8, 2023
|Monday, November 27 to Tuesday, November 28, 2023
|Wednesday, November 29, 2023
|Thursday, November 30, 2023
|8U + make-up day
|Friday, December 1, 2023
High school tryouts are 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM each day, at Premier. All others are 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM each day, at Farm League. High school and junior high players should attend each of their tryout days.
Please note that the week of high school tryouts also serves as the time we introduce our spring practice plan. We expect all high school players to participate, even if they have already received roster invitations.
Physical fitness standards
Beginning with the 2024 spring baseball season, we will implement physical fitness standards for all players on Kings rosters, from ages six through eighteen. Meeting these standards will help our players perform at their best, avoid injury and illness, and obtain lifelong health benefits. We will announce a clinic date, soon, for players and parents, to help everyone understand and prepare to meet the standards successfully.
We've made significant changes to the Tomball Kings website:
- It should now load much faster, whether you are on a desktop, tablet, or phone.
- We can email news and announcements directly from the website. This email is an example!
- You no longer need to remember a password to sign in to the website. Just use your email address. You will receive an immediate email with sign-in credentials.
- We've added information about dual-credit studies at Lone Star.
- We've replaced "Classes" with "Catalog" and provided direct links to our various programs and training opportunities there.
- We now have a "Resources" page that contains useful information to help you make the most of your experience with the Kings.
Dress code and uniform requirements
We have a new dress code and uniform requirements guide that will take effect this spring, replacing our old uniform standards. We have tried to make the new guide easier to comprehend and follow. We have standardized the socks across all rosters (no more stirrups), differentiated between game and practice pants, and provided for new practice jerseys for our 10U and 8U rosters. Please read the new guide, soon.
If you need more information or help in any way, please call John Harris at 512-470-0915.